What Does It Mean to Go Mid-term?
The Summit Church defines a mid-term assignment as anything lasting one month to two years. These assignments can include being fully funded by a sending organization, going through a sending organization but raising your own funding, or getting a job or internship overseas (missional business).
Requirements to Go Mid-term:
To ensure successful mid-term assignments that are beneficial for our field partners as well as those going out, individuals applying for mid-term assignments should meet the following requirements:
- Follower of Christ
- Covenant member of The Summit Church
- Member or leader of a Summit small group
- Participation in at least one short-term trip
- Recommended by the Summit missions and church planting team
- Completion of the mid-term process defined below
Process to Go Mid-term:
- Self-assessment. Get started with going mid-term by completing a brief self-assessment to let us know how to best guide you.
- Discuss. After receiving your self-assessment, someone from the Summit’s church planting team will arrange a brief meeting with you to explore the best options for your experience and interests.
- Apply. As directed by a member of the church planting team, complete the mid-term application with the agreed upon organization or employer.
- Raise support. Depending on the opportunity that best fits your desires, calling, experience, and interests, you may be required to raise some level of financial support. We will provide training and direction for support raising as needed.
- Attend training. Depending on the opportunity you choose, you will be required to attend a various level of training either at the Summit or another location.
- Go. After seeking the will of God, applying, raising support if needed, and being trained, you will be ready to go!
Potential Organizations to Explore:
While many people go mid-term directly with Summit church planters, there are other great opportunities with organizations such as the ones listed here. You can begin exploring the sample list of organizations below as you begin the mid-term process. We will discuss these and other options with you.